Friday, November 12, 2010

A little something to ponder....


Our children are online. That is something that is happening and is not going to go away. I ran across this video called "Guiding our Students on the Internet," as part of a webinar I am taking on Social Media use as a teacher. This course includes tools such as twitter, delicious and diigo (social bookmarking), google reader (RSS), and google docs just to name a few. I feel that if we as teachers are not lifelong learners, we cannot help to instill that in our students. As the only Kindergarten teacher in our school, I do not have others who do what I do, through social media and especially twitter, I have been able to create a professional learning community of Kindergarten teachers and other teaching professionals who help keep me motivated, inspired and learning. As you watch the above video, can you answer the question, who is driving the car at your house?

Image: A Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike (2.0) image from impactmatt's photostream

1 comment:

TupperMomma said...

My kiddos never drive alone!! LOL...but it's an awesome point, a lot of people don't think about the content their kiddos can find or accidentally get exposed to. I won't even get into cyber stalkers.

Thank you for yet another "nibble" to get us all thinking :)