Thursday, March 18, 2010

We almost got him, but he is too tricky!

In the early morning hours, I snuck into my classroom...would I get the leprechaun this year or would he escape us again? I was ready with my camera, I crawled around the corner and there he was! I took aim, brought him into focus as he was making his way out of our preset trap. I took the picture and the flash from the camera caused me to do the unspeakable...I blinked. You know what happens when you blink...the leprechaun disappears. Yet, again, Lenny the Leprechaun has escaped and our pot of gold with him. We always wondered how he was getting into our classroom, this year we found out how. I caught him before he was able to gather his golden string that he had lowered himself down with from the ceiling, mission impossible style. There is always next year...
In the blink of an eye, he was gone!

Lenny even played one last trick on us before the day was over. He slipped a note under the door when we were in the computer lab and had us gallivanting all over the school following clues and we ended up in our classroom with all kinds of St. Patrick's Day treats. Thank you to a very special leprechaun for these efforts.

3 comments:

TupperMomma said...

Connor couldn't wait to tell me all about it!!

We talked for almost 45 minutes, I understood most of what he was telling me, the parts that I struggled with he had crazy patience with me to explain it so that I did understand.

Thank you for enabling that conversation to have happened, he loves school so much, loves his teacher so much and is so excited by everything that happens there. He has blossomed in your class. He's come a long way!! Thank you!

Felisha Seward said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog. I believe that all elementary schools should find a fun and exciting new way to celebrate each holiday. Very cute and unique...

Mrs. McMahon said...

Thanks girls for the nice comments, we do tend to get a bit carried away with St. Patrick's Day, but we have lots of fun.